Position: Communications Specialist
Location: Option to work in the Calgary, AB office, or work remotely
Type: Full-time, one-year contract position, with potential for extension
Salary: Based on successful candidate
The Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (CRSB) is seeking a Communications Specialist. The position reports to the CRSB’s Director of Marketing and Stakeholder Relations and works closely with CRSB membership and various stakeholder organizations. The Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting with development of the CRSB’s communications strategy and leads the implementation and delivery of communications plans.
• Assist with the development of the CRSB's communications and marketing strategy and plan
• Lead the implementation of the CRSB communications plan;
- develop and refine system to track key performance indicators (KPI);
- provide KPI reporting as needed
• Curate creative content; manage and monitor CRSB's social media channels aligned with CRSB vision, principles and marketing strategy
• Integrate CRSB content/campaigns with industry partners
• Lead preparation of all communications materials (news releases, quarterly newsletter, annual report, etc.) and coordinate content with staff, partners and contractors, where required
• Review, edit and proof all communications materials, documents, reports, etc.
• Maintain CRSB's websites with up-to-date content
• Identify opportunities, and bring forward new ideas, that will help the organization achieve its communications goals and priorities
• Assist with event planning (virtual and in-person)
• Assist with annual membership invoicing
• Coordinate with media and prepare speaking notes, presentations, etc.
• Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
• Certificate or undergraduate degree in communications-related field
• Minimum 3 years communications and marketing experience in agriculture. Experience and knowledge of the meat industry a strong asset.
• Knowledge of sustainable agriculture systems an asset
• Experience delivering impactful communications and social media engagement strategies
• Working knowledge of graphic design tools and software. Adobe Creative Suite a strong asset.
• Experience developing working relationships with media
• Exceptional time management, communication and teamwork skills; proven experience managing many priorities
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to professionally engage with various stakeholder groups with diverse perspectives
• Capacity to express ideas clearly in writing; excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
Please send your resume and cover letter to Andrea White at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27, 2021. Please include three examples from your communications/marketing portfolio that demonstrate your proficiency, which may include marketing assets, social media posts or campaigns, or communications pieces of your choice.
About the CRSB: Established in 2014, the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (CRSB) is a collaborative, multi-stakeholder initiative focused on advancing environmental, social and economic sustainability in the Canadian beef industry. The CRSB drives recognition and continuous progress in beef sustainability through sustainability benchmarking, setting strategic goals, and communicating on-the-ground continuous improvement. CRSB’s Certified Sustainable Beef Framework was developed as a tool to recognize sustainable practices in beef production and processing through on-site 3rd party certification, support sustainable sourcing commitments for the retail and foodservice industry, and provide credible, science-based claims about sustainable beef production in Canada. Learn more at crsb.ca.
CRSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: CRSB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CRSB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Canada.